Aligra Wine and Spirits > About Us > Staff Picks Detail



Staff Picks


Taylor's Picks

Tarima Hill Monastrell  Spain

Tasting Notes: I am a big lover of big wines and this monastrell from Tarima Hill does not disappoint. Full of blackberry, blueberry and over-ripe raspberries, with vanilla and minerality on the finish. This wine has incredible complexity that develops with each glass. Smooth to drink on its own but incredible with bold dishes like steaks, aged cheddars, and my favorite- braised short ribs. Incredible value for the price, pick one up soon you will not regret it!

Price: $22.99


Taylor's Picks

Basil Hayden Bourbon Whiskey  Kentuky, USA

Tasting Notes: As their slogan says, you'll never forget your first sip of Basil Hayden' bourbon whiskey! Signature vanilla and butterscotch notes make it really approachable for someone beginning their journey into the world of whiskeys. However Basil Hayden offers a lot of complexity in their bourbon that make it delightful for the experienced tasters. Drink it neat or mixed, you sure won't forget it!

Price: $67.99


Taylor's Picks

Loveblock Pinot Gris  Marlborough, New Zealand

Tasting Notes: The perfect white for this love filled month! This pinot gris, made by Kim Crawford, is not your usual pinot gris. The grapes are picked from Loveblock's organic, family-owned vineyard. 95% is aged in stainless steel barrels with the remaining 5% of the wine spending 3 months in French oak barrels before blending and bottling. Semi-sweet but full with delicate flavors of pear, white peach, and jasmine flower. Perfect for seafood and Asian dishes, as well as the sweet Valentines day treats!

Price: $26.99


Taylor's Picks

Falernia Gran Reserva Carmenere  Elqui Valley, Chile

Tasting Notes: Big wine with a whole lot to offer! This carmenere is aged for minimum five years making it beautifully velvety. With complex notes of black currant, chocolate, vanilla, pepper and tobacco. Delicious with bold cheese, spicy meats, and of course any Chilean cuisine!

Price: $21.99


Taylor's Picks

Morgan Bay Chardonnay  USA- California

Tasting Notes: Full of vanilla and butter, this chardonnay has become my go-to white wine. Rich yellow in color, easy drinking but incredibly complex at the same time. Pairs beautifully with cheddar cheese, creamy lemon and herb chicken, and rich salmon. Incredible wine with consistency in each bottle, I am sure you will be hooked after the first sip!

Price: $18.99


Taylor's Picks

Bumbu Original Rum  Barbados

Tasting Notes: Bumbu is a tasty, smooth rum enjoyed both neat and mixed. For those just beginning their tasting journeys, this is a great starter for a sweeter, easier drinking rum with its lovely banana and vanilla notes. With its soft spice, its a wonderful middle ground for those looking for a warm, butterscotch candy-like rum and also for those who love to add their own spice. And for the bakers, this would be terrific to use for rum cakes, toffee nut caramels, even a splash into that Christmas fudge! Great rum with plenty of ways to enjoy.

Price: $54.99


Taylor's Picks

Bogle Petite Syrah  California, USA

Tasting Notes: This petite syrah will remind you of blueberry pie with its complex boysenberry, nutmeg and vanilla notes. Rich and jammy with subtle spice, yet silky and sophisticated tannins after being aged in American oak for 12 months. Enjoy this bold wine pairing with BBQ pork ribs, spicy cheeseburgers with smoked cheese, or simply with some gouda or goat cheeses.

Price: $27.49



Join our Newsletter

Be the first to know!

Subscribe to the ‘Sips & Tips’ newsletter! Subscribe here to receive our newsletter with Updates, Events & Special Offers.

We want to hear

We Want to Hear From You!

Easy Parking

ParkingDedicated parking for Aligra customers, right by Entrance #58 (below Simon's)

Store Hours

WEM is open, safety protocols are in place and as we are just inside Entrance 58, you don’t have to navigate the whole mall to visit our store.

Monday - Saturday: 10am – 9pm

Sundays & Stat Holidays : 11am - 6pm 

Closed: Christmas Day

Home Delivery or Curbside Pick up available   780 483-1083


 1423 West Edmonton Mall
 Edmonton, AB T5T-4M2

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright 2024 © Aligra Wine and Spirits
Login | | Website by WebmontonMedia